Saturday, January 29, 2011

Newest Free App Required Viewing

Just found this free PBS app today. At first glance, one might think there are only small clips to view. However, closer exploration reveals there is a ton of full length videos including seven full episodes of NOVA. Any home school's goal is fostering thinking. I previewed Nova/ National Geographic Special Quest for Solomon' Mines. I'm super excited to incorporate this classic format (PBS) into our home school specifically because my student literally says he is king. Considering my son has seen me drop cast items many times, I am eager to discuss copper smelting. Dr. Charles Finch's book titled The Star of Deep Beginnings: The Genesis of African Sciences and Technology will provide supplement defining our cultural perspectives viewing NOVA's Quest episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment