Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Untie Taboo

Why do we have tummy buttons is answered using this app. Also, cells, anatomy, addition, multiplication, fractions, time and life are all briefly addressed. Junior Animated Atlas of Human Anatomy & Physiology by Focus Medica app cost $9.99 for each video or $39.99 for all six. Without making a purchase this app is useless for anyone older than ten. Younger children can enjoy the short previews without any purchase. My point that I am trying too emphasize is this app costs a lot of money. I think this app would have been better priced as $20.00 for six and $5.00 each. However, as an artist this app is Science meets Art. Thus, I can see why the numbers have made the price high. As a teacher, conversations examining reproductive natures are mandatory. So, there is no way past it. Our school is concerned with healthy choices and being well informed caring beings.

Before I actually opened and viewed this app, my first thoughts flashed remembering a pop-up sex book my mom gave me as a child. I hope the information is internalized and valued. Nonetheless, time will expose whether or not if the information has been absorbed. Blastocyst is a new word for my personal vocabulary. This new word alone propels praise. However, $10.00 for one 8:29 video is just difficult to regurgitate.

If I read someone's blog I would want to know what I am getting into. The insight that I am sharing here is that the free version of this app is minimal. Our paid version of this app is limited to one eight minute video and transcripts. One may be wondering if this app works? Yes, it works in starting a discussion giving a nice limited overview of a very broad topic. Does it have great app bells and whistles for $10.00. No, it is missing bells and whistles. I think these developers should have sat on the product longer to add some real animation features. I don't regret purchasing THIS one and I am even more ecstatic that I didn't purchase all six. Also, I am going to contact the developers and provide some serious feedback. Thus far, I have found the developers to be really great open people who value input. I haven't checked to see if their are any reviews about this app. I'm slipping on my own homework. (The image was made using a screen shot of the app and DrawCast app).

No comments:

Post a Comment